Application & Admission process
- © TU Berlin
Applicants with international university entrance qualification
Your application. Your responsibility.
Regardless of your nationality, as an applicant with an international university entrance qualification you must apply via uni-assist e.V. The same applies
- if your university entrance qualification has been recognized by a German educational authority;
- if you have passed the assessment test at a preparatory school in Germany;
- if you are already enrolled at TU Berlin and are considering switching to a different undergraduate course;
- if you wish to apply for an undergraduate program with free admission.
- First application, then enrollment.
- The handling fees for the pre-check by uni-assist e.V. and all required documents have to be submitted to uni-assist e.V. complete and in the required form before the deadline expires - incomplete or late applications will be rejected!
- Please ensure that uni-assist e.V. and the TU Berlin always have an up-to-date mailing address and post address (if the name is not on the postbox, don’t forget the 'c/o' or the appartement-number). We are not responsible for missed deadlines because of incorrect contact information!
- Information from the current BEWERBERINFO Bachelor International or APPLICANT INFORMATION of the TU Berlin always have priority over those of other institutions!
- Evaluating of applications usually takes up to six weeks. Applications should be submitted as early as possible within the deadline.
Depending on which requirements you fulfill, you will be assigned to a particular applicant group:
Application for a preparatory study facility:
- Applicant group A: Applicants for the Preparatory School / assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung)
- Applicant group B: Applicants for the language course as part of the Preparatory course (Propädeutikum)
Specialized studies - application for the first regular study semester:
- Applicant group C: Citizens of a foreign country outside the European Union or stateless people who wish to apply for the first full study semester as part of a first degree program
- Applicant group E: Citizens of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway who wish to apply for the first full study semester as part of a first degree program
- Applicant group Z: Applicants who have successfully completed studies at another institution of higher education in another member state of the European Union (outside of Germany), in Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway and wish to apply for the first full study semester to acquire their second degree.
Specialized studies: application for the second or a higher full study semester:
group D: Change of university (Hochschulwechsel) and
Lateral entry (Quereinstieg)
More information you can find in the APPLICATION INFORMATION Bachelor International .
Pre-check by uni-assist e.V.
Uni-assist e.V. checks your application documents to ensure they are in accordance with TU Berlin’s formal requirements, paying particular attention to the following:
- the submission of the online application (application for admission);
- whether your university entrance qualification and your average grade (as calculated by uni-assist e.V.) are suitable for your choice of undergraduate program;
- proof of language skills;
- official authentications and certified translations;
- whether all your documents have been submitted in full prior to the expiration of the application deadline.
Uni-assist e.V. charges handling fees for the pre-check which have to be paid to uni-assist e.V. before the application deadline expires. Uni-assist e.V will not begin to process your application until these fees have been received. Please note that your application will be deemed incomplete and will have to be rejected if the handling fees have not been paid in full. Here  you can find more detailed information.
How to apply
- Read all essential information concerning the application process (deadlines , university entrance qualification , language proficiencies ). Please note, information from the TU Berlin's Team Bachelor International always have priority over those of other institutions;
- Please register at the uni-assist applicant portal ; 
- Fill in the online application form for the chosen
- Submit to uni-assist e.V. online;
- Send all required documents in the required form to uni-assist e.V. before the deadline expires. Basic requirements along your application form are: proof of university entrance qualification, language proficiencies (certificates) and copy of your passport. Please read our CHECKLIST in the APPLICANT INFORMATION Bachelor International for more information about required documents.
In some cases a prior registration at hochschulstart.de  is required (NO application via hochschulstart.de! ONLY registration BEFORE application via uni-assist e.V.!).
This only applies to you if you are applying
- for the 1st semester for an undergraduate program that have admission restrictions and if you hold a citizienship in Germany, EU, Island, Norway or Liechtenstein or
- for a second degree (you already completed an undergraduate program: Bachelor, Diploma, State exam or Magister at a university in EU, Island, Norway or Liechtenstein - but not Germany) and you choose the 1st semester for an undergraduate program that have admission restrictions
Application for "Orientierungsstudium MINTgruen"
If your chosen undergraduate program is "Orientierungsstudium MINTgruen " you also have to apply via uni-assist e.V.:
- Read all essential information from the TU Berlin for your application;
- Please register at
- Fill in the online application form for "Physics / Bachelor / 1st semester";
- Submit to uni-assist e.V. online;
- Send all required documents in the required form to uni-assist e.V. before the deadline expires. Basic requirements along your application form are: proof of university entrance qualification, German proficiencies (certificates) and copy of your passport. Please read our CHECKLIST in the APPLICANT INFORMATION Bachelor International for more information about required documents.
The "Orientierungsstudium MINTgruen" only starts in a winter semester.
Only after you have successfully applied for “Physics / Bachelor / 1st semester” via uni-assist e.V., you can state “Orientierungsstudium MINTgruen” in the enrollment form.
Application & admission with vocational qualification
In accordance to § 11 Berliner Hochschulgesetz (BerlHG) the TU Berlin permits holders of a vocational qualification without a university entrance qualification admission for undergraduate programs. More information you can find here .
You can contact us:By phone,
or by e-mail.
- Kontakt & Sprechzeiten 
Team Bachelor InternationalTU Berlin
Servicebereich IA 2
Straße d. 17. Juni 135
D - 10623 Berlin