Enrollment as a Doctoral Student at the TU Berlin
- © TU Berlin
Before you may enroll as a doctoral student you have to apply for the admission as a doctoral candidate at the "Faculty Service Center"  of the respective school. If you are accepted as a doctoral candidate you will receive a decision of the Faculty Council that you have to hand in for enrollment. The decision of the Faculty Council will also state further conditions for admission to doctoral studies. According the doctoral regulations of the TU Berlin  candidates have to register as doctoral students if they are not employed by the TU Berlin. Generally all required documents have to be submitted as hard copies personally in Campus Center or by post to Servicebereich Master.
How can I enroll?
Enrollment as a doctoral student generally requires the acceptance as a doctoral candidate by the Faculty including a statement regarding language of the dissertation (German or English). Candidates have to apply for the acceptance as doctoral candidate at the responsible Faculty-Service-Center (FSC). (www.tu-berlin.de/?id=142409 )
There are no specific deadlines for the enrollment of doctoral students, it can be applied or at all times.
Current information on semester fees can be found here . You do not have to pay a late fee for enrollment. A late fee will be necessary if you want re-register for the next semester after the deadline.
General information on doctoral research is available from the TU-DOC office: www.tudoc.tu-berlin.de 
Procedure of enrollment:
- First you have to register under quick access 136132 .
- After the complete registration you will receive an e-mail for your personal account of TU Berlin (tuPORT).
- In this account you will find the application „Einschreibe- und Rückmeldeanforderungen“. There you can see which documents are required to upload.
- Under quick access 208632 you can already find a list of thes documents.
- As soon your enrollment is done, you will receive another e-mail with furter information.
Graduate admission (address & office)TU Main Building
Room H 48-50
Straße d. 17. Juni 135
Fax: +49(0)30 31428442