TU Berlin

Office of Student AffairsStudying without german entrance qualification

Page Content

to Navigation

Application and admission for vocationally qualified prospective students

If you do not have an university entrance qualification, you have the possibility to study at our university. The "Berliner Hochschulgesetz" provides (in ยง 11) various access options for those with an academic interest without an university entrance qualification, but with a professional qualification.
Which study options you have and how the application is designed depends on your professional qualification and your professional experience. For example, certain applicants must complete an entrance examination in the course of their application, others do not. Below is more information on admission requirements, the Application Procedures, deadlines and dates as well as counseling.
Please note that studies of a Master's degree program at the TU Berlin are not currently available for professionally qualified students.

Application period

It is not always possible to determine in advance whether participation in an access examination is necessary. This requires a timely examination of your application documents.


Application deadline for summersemester 2018
general application deadline
01.12.2017 - 15.01.2018
Date of admission examination
21.02.2018 - 23.02.2018

Eligible groups for admission

General university admission criteria

If you have completed a professional development training ("Aufstiegsfortbildung") in accordance to the German Trades Code or you hold a master craftsman qualification or equivalent then you can choose any subject of study. More about officially recognized qualifications >>

With vocational training and at least 3 years of professional activity

If you have completed a vocational training lasting two years minimum plus have been working in your profession lasting three years minimum you are eligible to apply to a Bachelor degree equal to your professional field. However it is possible to apply to a Bachelor program which is not equal to your profession. If so you must pass an admission examination. Read more about Group B and C an assigned admission >>

Counseling services

If you are not sure which subject is suitable to you or if you need support for orientation please contact our Student Counseling.

In case of subject-related questions please contact the counseling services of the faculty.

Questions about application and admission will be answered by our Telephone Service and the Undergraduate admissions office.


Quick Access

Schnellnavigation zur Seite über Nummerneingabe